Monday, November 7, 2011

Committed to the Lord Psalm 25


Psalm 25:4–5 (ESV) 4Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. 5Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.

Psalm 25 shows us David in the midst of distress and then what he was doing to keep that distress from becoming despair.  We are learning in this Psalm that David avoids having his distress become despair by putting his confidence in the Lord, by being committed to the Lord, by choosing to have integrity by confessing sin, and he chose to know the fear of the Lord.
In this short article we will only look at how David chose to be “committed to the Lord”.
Just at David chose to be”Committed to the Lord” we to can Choose to Make our “Commitment to the Lord”
In Verse four David Said “Show Me Your Ways” … “Teach me your Paths”.  David wanted to have an informed mind.  He wanted to know what God’s desire for his life was.  Romans 12:2  “Be not conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.”  Becoming conformed to the image of Christ as our mind is transformed is not guaranteed to be easy.  In fact, it may take much work, yet if we are to be committed to the Lord we must have an informed mind.  We need to know how God would have us to live.
David continued in verse five saying, “Lead me in Your Truth and teach me”. Not only did David want an informed mind but he wanted a conformed life.  He wanted a life that was committed to following the way that God would lay before him.

Our commitment to the Lord will be shown through the Scripture we are willing to obey.  Do we seek Godly counsel?  Can we support our choice of behavior or response with Scripture?  Or are our decisions driven by emotion?

Psalm 119:9–11 (NKJV) 9How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. 10With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! 11Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You.

I hope today that each one who reads this will be committed enough to God to desire an informed mind and be willing to live a conformed life.

The video version of this is available at www.youtube.com/churchoflittleton  FW #18

No comments:

Post a Comment