Friday, January 24, 2014

The Story of a Train



Recently, while walking through town, I saw Bill and some other young men walking on what I thought were train tracks.  I said to Him, “Bill, if you keep walking on there you will get hit by a train.”    Later Tom, the father of one of the boys said to me, “There is no such thing as a train.  Why do you bother the boys with such ridiculous ideas?”  Another Father , Sam, said, “I don’t know if there are trains or not I’ve never seen one so I think it would be loving if you just let the boys alone and let them decide if they think there is a train or not.  Then you can have your beliefs about trains and Tom can have his belief about trains and we can just love each other and get along.” 

Well, I had never seen a train before either, but I had heard from others that had seen one, some who had even ridden on one, and one that was nearly run over by one.  I heard others talk of some who were less fortunate and they were destroyed by a train.  I had also seen houses from Sears that I was told were delivered by the train.  I had seen piles of coal that came off of a train, as well as piles of sand and grain.  So my faith that there were trains was not a blind faith rather it was a faith built upon observations and testimony!  Because I so strongly believe that there are trains I have to encourage Bill and his friends to stay off the tracks.  If I am wrong I will have “bothered” them and cost them a few extra steps.  Yet, if Tom and Sam continue with their attitude and influence and they are wrong there is a good possibility that Bill and/or his friends will be run down by a train.
In a similar way my faith in God is not a blind faith, therefore I have to be faithful to share my belief with others that they too might avoid His just punishment of sin…

No comments:

Post a Comment