Thursday, January 17, 2013

The President and His Men!



Years ago when I was working in camp ministry we had the opportunity to go to a camp conference every year.  At these conferences we discussed many things regarding the camp ministry. One year a camp demonstrated their new paintball course.  They had us play a game called the president and his men.  The game was set up as follows:  One team had five people from which the president was chosen; the other team had 15 people.   The job of the team with the president was to get the president through the course without being shot by the opposition.  I remember going through this course having been chosen as the president and getting tackled by my own guys with them laying on top of me – giving their “lives” in my place.  At the time it was a little disappointing because I never got to shoot in that game. J

When we finished the game we sat down to discuss what we had learned from it.  The challenge was do you protect your pastor in the same way.  When people come to attack the pastor do you listen and take part or do you take a stand to protect the truth and the pastor.

Now I can say it is not a game, but real life.  What I had previously experienced in the outdoors classroom I experienced in reality.  In the last couple of days I have had the experience of Godly men and women stopping with words of encouragement and support as they have stood to protect their pastor.   In this I am truly blessed and truly thankful. 

May God continue to work to bring glory to himself in spite of opposition from the evil one!

No comments:

Post a Comment